Pt Capital’s significant accomplishments are a direct result of continuous hard work. As Pt continues to grow and expand across the emerging Arctic investment market, we seek talented individuals who can meet our demands for success. Pt’s competitive advantage is our ability to have focused, intelligent, and hardworking executives looking to make a positive change.
Managing Director position based in Anchorage, Alaska
The Managing Director will be responsible for growing Pt Capital’s private equity platform in the Arctic middle market by sourcing, developing, negotiating, and closing new private equity opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and serve as a key leader to help steer the direction of the company in profitable investments with sustainable operations, while implementing Pt’s vision, mission and long-term goals. The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
Position reports directly to the Chairman/CEO.
- Lead new business development and marketing efforts, including maintaining detailed pipeline of prospects and potential deals
- Establish and maintain industry business relationships to generate on-going deal flow
- Qualify potential private equity opportunities with the input of the Investment Committee
- Develop investment thesis, author investment memorandums
- Serve as a primary negotiator for transactions
- Lead due diligence, direct investment team and coordinate transaction closing
- Work with external capital providers to gain support for investment financing
- Post-closing: interact with the management of portfolio companies, monitor performance and report internally on regular basis
- Hire, oversee and train investment team members as appropriate
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other comparable executive level position
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Solid understanding of middle market private equity market dynamics
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions from initial structuring to closing
- Proven new business origination, negotiation and deal closing history
- Relevant capital raising and sponsor relationships experience within middle market space
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Arctic deal sourcing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or MS in Finance preferred
About Pt Family of Companies
Located in Anchorage, Alaska, Pt Holding Company was established in 2013. It is the parent company of Pt Capital and Pt Securities.
Pt Capital provides financial advisory and consulting services focused on business development, strategic planning, diversification, and regulatory and legislative advocacy. Pt Capital is the parent company of Pt Capital Advisors which is a registered investment advisor focusing on the management of private equity funds in the Arctic.
Pt Securities is a FINRA-registered broker dealer that focuses on investment banking services, including merger and acquisition and sell/buy-side advisory services.
To apply for the position please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to:
Chief of Staff
No phone calls please
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED